The new collection of the Spanish fashion brand Compañía Fantástica is structured around individualism and the defense of one’s own style against the masses.
In a twist full of irony, the proposal adopts the name Common People, inspired by the iconic track of the brit pop band Pulp.
Why should we belong entirely to the common world when we have the chance to be ourselves?
Common People overflows with geometric and seventies’ prints in vibrant and fun colors. It’s supported by figurative prints that challenge the imagination. Prints with references to a nerdy and free aesthetic that give each piece its own personality.
A collection that reminds us of a Wes Anderson movie, of high school American movies like Clueless, and to the academic world, with its sometimes intellectual, sometimes extravagant style. Continuing with the happy and picturesque chromatic range that accompanies the brand in each season, we can find saturated colors like Klein blue, mustard, green and maroon; that come together with more naïf colors like pastel pink, beige and baby blue.
A combination that creates an ambience of youth and spontaneity. An invitation to dream and create from the pieces o ered by the collection.
Prints are added to fabrics like corduroy or elastic crepe, creating rich and interesting textures.
The diversity of fabrics in the collection is completed by velvet, jacquard and other more natural fabrics like cotton and viscose.
Common People is structured from the following line of mini collections:
– 70’s Collection: prints in the symbolic fabric of this era: corduroy. Perkins necklines, XXL vests and boho prints that draw a proposal inspired in the youth that listened to Bowie afterschool.
– Gothic is cool: It subtly represents, through details in the pieces, the gothic and baroque aesthe- tic; frills and gathered sleeves and necklines. We can see it immersed in printed pieces where the brand takes to its territory this trend from the 90’s.
– Office Collection: Inside this line we can find the mini collection Office Prints, with Houndstooth and Princes of Wales prints in the leading roles.
– Tartán: This printed fabric offers a great variety of combined tonalities, taking grunge to a more college style, with dresses with straight patterns and short skirts, all of it seasoned with frills and flounces.
– Pretty in print: A permanent classic in our collections, which this time bets on fresh and different prints like lions, hens, dinosaurs, fried eggs and bacon.
– Tomboy: We find masculine pieces taken to a more feminin territory: from sailor coats, coulottes in different prints and fabrics, like denim to velvet bomber jackets.
– Polka dots: Polka dots slide again over the pieces of this collection in di erent sizes and colors.
– The Magic Garden: Different types of flowers cover various fabrics, setting up a mini collection in a way of a magic garden, giving an oriental air to pieces like kimonos or a more streetlike style on bodyduits.
– Knit: The knit collection suggested by Compañía Fantástica for FW17 is one representation more of the brand’s fun spirit, combining colors and overlays like pompons, frills and patches of this very wintry